- ASC members represent nearly 90% of the automotive safety supplier base, allowing it to speak for the supplier industry on Active, Passive, Interiors and Child Safety.
- ASC provides representation in Washington DC on key industry issues allowing it to support positions that are vital to the total industry health.
- ASC provides a timely letter that reviews industry issues and Council activities and summarizes regulatory activities and addresses issues raised by our members.
- ASC interfaces with other industry organizations (AAM, AIAM, IIHS, ENCAP, TASI, CHoP and SAE) to reach consensus and take joint action when needed to benefit the industry as a whole.
- ASC maintains a website to present the industry and Council, provide information on key safety issues through press releases and displays consumer information and descriptions of occupant restraints.Additionally, a “members only” page provides the monthly president’s letter and other timely messages.
- The ASC Annual General Meeting presents technical papers, reviews and discussions on key industry topics; provides industry interchange at the social events and topical presentations by respected industry, government, educational, journalist and activist leaders.
- ASC provides a point of interface with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that is beneficial to the industry in supporting and defining key issues and is considered a trustworthy source of information and knowledge.
- ASC provides a point of interface with the U.S. Congress on key issues and provides information and expert testimony on these issues when needed.
- The ASC performs most work through its 11 technical committees which support the automotive safety industry on timely issues that benefit all members, including regulation, transportation, manufacturing, disposal, and proper use of the product (air bags, seat belts, safety electronics, child safety and active safety products).
- ASC serves on the board of such industry organizations as the Automotive Coalition for Traffic Safety and the Air Bag & Seat Belt Safety Campaign to unify effort and coordinate an effective joint message and university advisory boards such as Wayne State University.
- Because ASC represents the majority of companies in our industry it is able to take a strong position on industry issues and be heard as knowledgeable experts.
- ASC is constantly growing and becoming involved in new areas that affect our global automotive safety industry.
- ASC, through its President, speaks for the industry and the member companies to the media.